Saturday 14 November 2015

Writing

In writing, we have noticed that good authors often start their sentences with adverbs or adverbial phrases and to help paint a picture they use precise verbs. below is some of our examples.

Cautiously, I inspected the walls. I take a step and 'snap' I fall with no idea where. Zac

Although the camp leader had given us a tour as soon as we got here I was still desperately searching for the toilet.I hardly knew my around here and yet I was too embarrassed to ask the leader for directions. To make  this scene even worse it's pitch black a outside. Who knows what creatures are lurking there?  Holly

As I scanned the freezing cold field all I could see was pitch darkness. With not much visibility I tripped on a log and landed face first and out came some words I shouldn't mention. Ben

Whoosh! the cold wind brushed swiftly across Annabeth's face. her cuts and wounds stung but she carried on. Although she could hardly see through the mist she knew the graveyard was creepy and deserted. Lilly

"Help!" yelled Ben although it barely came out as whisper. Ben heard a groaning sound beside him, he instinctively raised his hands to his face in defence but nothing happened. Cowering next to the wall Ben was just simply frightened. Caleb

Slowly I closed my eyelids, I couldn't take anymore of it but before I could drift off to sleep I heard a wondering whisper. Cautiously I rolled over, opening my eyes would have helped. Clay


No comments:

Post a Comment