Thursday 14 March 2013

Writing Recounts

We have been learning to write recounts. We have been adding detail through the use of interesting language and 'show not tell'.

No luck, as my lure shines in the sunlight but the more times I don't wind up with dinner the more eager I am to catch it. Jack.

It was nerve wracking as I slid down the humungus cliff. Bayley

'Nooo ' says Jack as the spotlight shines on him like a dragon breathing fire on a tiny village but it doesn't hurt so much. Isaac


I was acting as a spy hidden behind the tree. Olivia

My knees were trembling, my head was spinning and my heart felt like it was going to explode as it was my turn to start abseiling. Levi

I heard him cackle as he catches someone else. 
My pulse slows down and my blood turns to ice.  Scarlet

My hands were trembling as I cautiously put my damper into the fiery hot red flames. Hosea

"Gotcha" Corrian howled at Amy as the blinding light set itself on her barely missing me. Neve

I am gripping onto the rope like I am getting rescued by a helicopter. Rani


I grip my feet onto the wet rock like an autumn oak gripping it roots into the dusty soil.
 Danielle

Stumbling over the big rocks and hearing the sound of a hidden ghost that feeds on the fear of little kids that have not yet conquered the vicious pitch black of the tunnel. Lareiahna

I glanced around and saw the huge ghostly beam of light racing towards me. Angelina

It's my turn. The butterflies are bouncing around in my tummy. First step over teh edge, I don't know how I am doing this. Cameron

My knees  were trembling like there was an earthquake. Daniel

As it threw me into the air, I quickly spun around and grabbed the arm. Abe

My heart was pounding. It was so dark I stumble. Amy

Suddenly, I felt something cold and slimy land on me. Eva

I heard a mysterious howling coming out of nowhere. Sam R

Tension flows into my body as I start to wind in. Lewis

I set my next target. I slither across the ground to the next treelike a SAS soldier. Campbell

It was as dark as a chalkboard so I tightly held onto Mrs Scott's hand. Sam W

My hands were clenching the rope so tightly, nothing was moving. Todd

I finally got past that part. Eli







No comments:

Post a Comment