Tuesday 26 February 2013


When we were on camp we were given a baby weka whose mother had been run over. When I got home with the weka my mum and I went on to the internet to see what they eat.We found out that they eat worms, crickets and sometimes other baby birds. Dad decided to feed it some bread and water to get it used to us. It didn't like being it a box but liked being under our t-shirt. Mum slept with it. Next day we took it down to the garden because mum wanted to do some gardening. While she was doing that I was with Birdy trying to got some worms for it. I found some worms for Birdy I was surprised how fast it ate them. James came down with a cricket. He put it down beside Birdy. It pecked it to death then swallowed it.Mum noticed it wasn't keeping warm enough so we talked to Doc about it.They found a bird vet to look after it. I was sad but I know it is the right thing to do.

1 comment:

  1. How fantastic room 1. I am sure you were sad Max but how awesome that you saved it! :-)

    ReplyDelete